Municipal council meeting regarding the future of the Jean-Marc Lalonde Arena will be held on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018 at 1915 hrs. The meeting is located at the Council chambers at 415 Lemay Circle, Clarence Creek (in front of the Clarence Creek arena). If the meeting draws up a large crowd, please be advised that the meeting may be relocated at the community hall in the Clarence Creek arena. Bring your family and friends to show your support in keeping our community center !
IMPORTANT: THE DISCUSSION ON THE FUTURE OF THE JEAN-MARC LALONDE ARENA HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE AGENDA FOR THE MAY 7th COUNCIL MEETING, THEREFORE CADETS AND PARENTS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE MEETING.
HOWEVER, THE MAY 8th MEETING AT JEAN-MARC LALONDE ARENA WILL DEFINITELY OCCUR AT 1900hrs. THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE. DRESS FOR CADETS IS C-2 (same as normal parade night)!
This will take place on Monday 23 Apr, at 1930 (7:30pm) most likely in the bleachers. Parents are then welcome to attend the level 1 class on how to pack for a bush weekend (Upstairs Hall at 2020 (8:20 pm).
The Final Parade will start right after the 3rd period, where the promotions, awards, and qualifications that we were not able to do last week will be presented.
AS last night was cancelled here are the announcements we would have made:
1. Level 4s who did not pass their aviation test, will rewrite it on Sat (we will try to conduct a review prior) . Just waiting for a confirmation on timing
2. Mess Dinner: Please ensure you sign up ASAP, you may bring in your deposit either this Sat or next Monday. Remember Cadets attending the dinner will have their deposit returned. This is normally a great evening for all. A Dance will follow (one guest is allowed) See website for more details.
3. Sign Ups: Cooking Class (this Sat 1300-1500), Mess Dinner, Spring Bush, Gliding
4. A Sign up for Static Displays for Annual has been posted on the main bulletin board. Co-op Cadets must sign up to take the lead on one display, Flight Commanders are responsible to ensure the Static Display for their flight gets completed (they do not have to be the ones doing it)
5. Sat Schedule:
9-11 Flag Party
11-1230 - Drill Team
1300 - 1500 Cooking Class
1300 - 1600 Marksmanship
1300- -1600 Open Sports
6. Schedule Switch: April 30th and May 7th are being switched. So there will be classes on 30 Apr and a Sports night on 7 May
7. Co-op Cadets please submit your logs of your hours to Capt Schonert on a regular basis.
8. Anyone with outstanding Camp forms (ie you have a confirmed camp) they must be returned ASAP.
9. The Parent Briefing for Bush will take place next Monday at 1900, most likely on the Bleachers